Friday, June 7, 2019

Answered

Eyes locked
not wanting to waver
drowning in the intensity,
Calamities surrender
expecting us to quaver
But steady is what we have
Are we lovers dear?

Unfortunate times,
when you lost your mother,
Drowning deep in sorrow,
you said the world is over,
I hugged you tight for eternal long,
Are we lovers dear?

Along the shores, you hold
my hand for so long
we walk a few steps
Mum we are, but I feel
our connection so strong
Are we lovers dear?

You laugh at my jokes
I revel at your poetry
Moments together so many
Stealing time from others
Just you and me
Are we lovers dear?

The terrace, the nearby fields
Imprints all around
Those two are together
Claim our friends
Don't you like their sound ?
Are we lovers dear?

Today I wait for you
At the rock, next to the quay
Shall I ask you the question?
I ask myself every single day
Not doubting you would say yes
When I will kneel down and say
Are we lovers dear?

My dreams know no bound
But the day seems to end,
And you are nowhere to be found,
Panicky is my mind
my nerves tremble to the core
Faster than the wind,
I rush to your compound,
My heart shouting out so loud
Aren't we lovers dear?

I find you by the stairs
Holding hands, I stare
She is most beautiful,
With passion so bare
"Meet my best friend, my love", you say
Not to me but to her
I realize what it means
We were never lovers dear....










No comments: