Tuesday, May 28, 2019

No longer be alone

Twinkle in my eyes, bubbling laughter
Day's filled with confusing dreams of ever-after
Its a swarm of well wishers
Happy faces and loud cheers
Claps I hear, as my heart flutters
Surreal surroundings, through the eyes' shutters

Layers of makeup, sparkling dresses
the perfect adorns with silky tresses
Do they hide the sines of my feeling?
As I tread softly towards an unrevealed meaning
Innumerable faces sharing the day
Just for now, let me gloat if I may

They say its a big leap as I go into tomorrow
I anticipate joy or would it hold sorrow
A last minute hesitation that's all it is
As he holds my hand, my eyes looking into his
Ready to embrace the new dawn in a life of my own
Gently as he whispers, my dear, you will no longer be alone

No comments: