Sunday, May 19, 2019

Clutching to my keys

The sheet covered him barely
Stretch did he
on the roadside, languidly
Under a scaffold, looking sturdy
Trellis it was to him
With stars peeking like tiny lamps
Into his night abode
enveloped with torns and rags
Holes filled with dreams
Eyes full of hopes

Tiny thoughts of big abodes
A day not far off
Though years may pass
in drudgery and penury
But those will be lost soon
One day own would be a home
His hands holding its key
Despair not known
Failure not perceived
People of his, happy

Here I am too, a gentle onlooker
Next to the same road
On the side but that is other
A parallel life of his
In the same world as me
Where heart of mine
filled with compassion and sympathy
Walk I may, a few steps
Bridge the gap and their misery ?

But, fear fills the soul
Not wanting to share
that is mine
The keys that I hold
The happiness that I hide
Disturbing it may be,
But its safe and settling
Insulated on my side
Clutching to what I possess
Not parting with what I can give

Walking away wondering
Where's more scarcity
On the side that is his
Or the one that belongs to me....


















No comments: