Friday, May 17, 2019

Embracing my finality

How do I write about
What I know not
Heard, seen, dreamt, but uncanny
Guarded by Angels...
for all thy being or only the chosen ones?
A new hand to hold
When leaving many behind

Do thee bow and the chains unleash?
Souls that were trapped
Now with joy they scream?
Messengers only too happy to abide
At the end of my life
Gladly collecting their prize

And...
Am I eager to be thrown?
The surreal me out of my real zone
Different as it may seem
It still may feel the same
Each world repeats the tragedy
In life renounced by others
And in death by my own mortality

Is it longer than the journey called life?
The reach to the final street
Is it a gold medal finally
For all the missed opportunity?
What for the sins I left
Would the oceans rise to accumulate?
Let me leave the disgraced
And only what fit into tranquility?

Would the angels finally gift me the wings
Alive I was but never could I get
The distant breaths of being free
What life couldn't give me
Would I finally have when I...
embrace the finality?






No comments: