Friday, May 31, 2019

Don't feel the pain

The sun peeks from the sky
A haze of light announcing yet another day
Full of actions, no time for words
My spirits get ready - charged as they say

Hurried morning, grab a bit or two
Smile as the mirror looks at me
Knowing how the day will be
So much will be done before I say adieu

Get the keys, drive to work
Tasks were never done better
Stick to the plan as on a tight rope
A smooth sail, not even a single stutter

Step out, tread on the cobbled path
Mid day, seems like a lifetime since dawn
Jumbled lists getting sorted mentally
Sit for just a minute, bare feet on the lawn

A whiff of air, knocking at my door
What my heart wants to shut out
But too close to ignore
Your perfume hits my soul
Like a dagger slicing my whole

My eyes look for you - futile
There are seas between you and me
Lists get clouded by fond memory
A minute transforming into hours
As I tread softly into the lost time

And as the night stars twinkle
I promise yet again
Tomorrow will be different
Stick to the plan, don't feel the pain



No comments: