Saturday, March 7, 2020

Women's day....

Its that day
Get ready
That shimmering dress
Lying in the closet picked
Makeup's minimal
I highlight the shades of kohl
Rummage through my jewellery box
those special earrings
Oh! Adorn I may
Yes, hesitantly my heart says...
Why not today?

Family calling
Hurry! those precious hours
waiting just for me
Table booked
Friends invited
It's all set
Oh! Be charmed I may
Yes, anxiously my heart says...
Why not today?

He meets my eye
doling out affection
I wink at him...
at the sudden transformation 
You are unique
As he toasts just for me...
Its ethereal 
Oh! rejoice I may
Yes, lurchingly my heart says...
Why not today?

Its the next morning,
The kids cry out for their things
He's in a rush,
The clock's characteristically speeding
I get ready 
leaving yesterday's magic behind
It's no longer my day,
Flowers have withered
Sparkling cutlery's gone
dresses and tresses no longer flowing
It's just another regular dawn
I pick up the cup,
Of my tea, 
to toast just with me,
Oh! cherish I may
Yes undoubtedly, my heart says...
Indeed why not everyday....

No comments: