Saturday, March 23, 2019

The cup

The cup hisses silently
I, on the sofa,
With my feet up, drawn...
Don't wanna move an inch
Till the sight of the next dawn

The sun had set long ago
Dinner's finished
Beds spread, Days done
But the evening ...
not wanting to go.... yet.

I whiff the familiar smell
Too known to ignore
It's just a few steps...
to the kitchen table,
next to the door

Fresh to my taste
May be the flavour which I like best
Or the one which I like a bit less
Too tempting to resist
It's time to arise, walk a few steps

But, seconds have passed,
The flavour may have left
Like the smell of just wet ground
Gone after a shower of rain,
Do I go the distance
May be all in vain ?

A few still moments
Then a familiar voice
Of footsteps....
And the cup
Of my favourite brew
As I grab for that sip
What more could I ask
Than a wish come true!







No comments: