Saturday, May 16, 2009

For my daughter on Mother's day...

It was on the beautiful afternoon of July 16th 2007, that my daughter Myra chose to enter our lives. I could hear her cry in the OT and it was then that the nurse whispered it’s a baby girl. I thought, thank god I had thought of a girl’s name just a week before (Somehow we were not able to decide between Meisha and Myra). I was not the first one in the family to take her into my arms – in-fact one of the last ones as I joined her in the private ward after a couple of hours..and there I could see her neatly and nicely tucked in a white(with pink lining) cloth in the cradle..with eyes closed…so peaceful, angelic and godly. To be frank..a kind of aura which none of we adults have. It’s true that god resides in children.
First night with Myra was tough as we were by ourselves (ofcourse the efficient nurses were there to help)..call it lack of knowledge or probably first experience, we didn’t know what to expect..and here she was, no longer a silent infant, but screaming at the top of her voice…we were confused, tensed, tired and I was near to tears…nothing was able to calm her..My husband rushed for the nurse and like a true savior she handled Myra – I felt like an idiot, but I knew it was a long way to learn. It is strange but its love in the true sense that whenever Myra laughs or smiles its me who feels happy as though we are still chorded…all the other kinds or spheres of love look meaningless when compared to this divine feeling…

The five days in the hospital were ice breaking session for Myra with her family – the 'naankes' and 'daadkes' were proud and happy…everybody taking turns to take care of her as I was still weak after the surgery.

And then began one of the most important and talked about part of parenthood…giving up sleep at night. But somehow you feel so energetic as a mother that even when the clock struck the 24th hour to wake me up..I felt as if it was still middle of the day…and I could spare a few minutes having a cuddly talk with Myra..she seemed so tiny yet assertive as if telling her mom – “though I am little but I am the BOSS”

Her first smile, her first somersault…her first so many things - her giggles and the twinkle in her eyes..her first step..her first word and all her imaginative stories(the other day when we were driving on a flyover, she simply said “Mom we are going on a slide!”)..…My mother says she reminds her of me when I was a kid…good to be born again…wish she lives all the good moments of my life…and hers too….

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You writing about Myra's journey till now makes me wonder - What gives (every) Mother such a powerful memory that she remembers even the smallest event of her child's life - no matter when and where it happened! They do no need geo-tagging to capture these moments :-)

Even now, my mom tells me stories - makes me visualize my childhood. I wish I could also relive those moments.

My Discoveries said...

I chanced upon your blog and found it very informative. The event blogs are striking enough to have a feel of the event, so, I would like to have a little chit-chat on your blogging interests. And even we are coming up with an event on startups on June 6th. So, can I have your contact details? Looking forward to hear from you.

sikta@siliconindia.com

Nishant said...

almost thought for a moment that you were referring to me as the savior :)

Nishant Kumar said...

Somehow I missed this post, but reading this made me feel as if i was there... (how i wish I could have been there)...

One day Myra is going to read this and relive those moments..