Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rain.....

A speck of cloud..
On a sunny afternoon..
Playing like a child
Running after the hazy moon

Another one...
In the resigning day..
joining a few others,
I fear rain...
I see around
The thirsty silent bloom here...
Clouds dancing with the wind
Will it be my terrace
Or will the rain gush far there.

Am waiting for that first drop now,
Either on my nose or eyes or head
All equally soothing...
Am waiting for the rush
some to hide deep into the soil bed

I imagine the parched floor ...
underneath a watery layer,
Life to the listless air around me,
Death to the sun's flare..

Will it be too long a wait?
Or will the clouds join by twilight
An hour's fight between hope and despair
I give up, it was too much to wish for
I get up, as the gold sun showed off his might,

Just then...
far and farther I see the clouds joined
Finally raging the war which I thought..
they had left behind,
I am all smiles as I see the colorless lines walking towards me,
From the sky to down below...
Rushing with and against the breeze
I welcome them with open arms,
too delighted to worry,
They jump with joy happy to embrace me..
I  forget the wait, forget the despair and the pain
So at the end of the day,
I get to welcome the rain



No comments: