Monday, May 7, 2012

The Aamir effect

Ok..I had been memorizing for over a week that 6th May is a Sunday and it meant "Satyamev Jayate" would be aired on the TV and wouldn't miss it ! Even though the timing was a bit odd - 11 am in the morning and this time on a Sunday is for tea and newspaper, while telling my maid how to clean the nooks and corners which otherwise are left unnoticed through out the rest of the week. But still I thought this Sunday would be an exception.
So Sunday, that is May 6th came with its full glory and warmth - with the Sun especially shining bright. I remembered that it was "big moon" day or whatever we call it. But, somehow my memory tricked me in forgetting that Aamir's much awaited show would be telecasted on not just one but 2 channels( or was it more)!!! In fact I read somewhere that first time a reality show was being aired on DD and a pvt channel simultaneously - such is the charisma or Aamir.
The clock struck 11 - my TV remain muted. No activity - no Aamir and no Satyamev Jayate. I had totally forgotten my childhood hero and his show. Now my fondness for Aamir traces back to my school days when QSQT was released - I had watched that movie 3 times on the VCR on a single day! And yes, how cute he looked - he had become our heartthrob within a few days of the movie hitting the theaters - not that it is unusual, I think half the nation would have fallen in love with him.
Next day, that is on Monday, the reviews of the show were everywhere - on the radio and also in print. Appreciations galore -  by the way when was the last time somebody criticized him :)
Anyway, the point is that I missed his show - my husband said I should have gone for Tata Sky plus - in fact Aamir also has been advertising it !
So what next - I have to rely on "you-tube" now - my savior whenever I miss any show on TV which I would have liked to watch. Though it might be relayed again - but who wants to see all the ads - I can watch him uninterrupted on you-tube - just hoping that somebody would have uploaded it! :)

No comments: