Monday, December 12, 2011

First Picnic

Having deadlines on Monday just have one meaning -- work over the weekend :-) How come whenever there is some critical job to be completed, the environment to get things done just collapses...Anyway, deadlines met are always rejoiced - even though you realize that meeting them doesn't mean end or reduction in work !! So, this is the harsh though most prevalent reality of work or life - that is if work is your life :-)

So, Myra had her first picnic today. I am sometimes amazed - how kids speak so much even though they may not share. The don't talk about what they did -- they just talk and that's the beauty of conversing with them. How their eyes sparkle, when they weave a story of what happened when actually something totally different happened...Was I ever a kid? Cant really believe that!!! They just look as if they are what you never were!! The squeals of laughter after snatching somebody's toy...and in the very next minute loads of tears when the toy is gone!! Anyway, Myra's first picnic and even after much pestering, she never told me what all she did - who wanted to repeat what was gone..she was too busy living that very moment!!! I know she will tell me in bits and pieces and when she does so she will also accuse me of not even knowing what her daughter did on picnic! I still remember when once she reprimanded me, when I had left her alone in the room ; "Mom/Dad, how can you leave your 3 yr old daughter alone in the room and go out!!" And then there are days when she says: "This is my toy room and I am busy, so pls go away!!" And all we have to do is agree...after all she is the boss :-)

No comments: