Thursday, December 9, 2010

Finally in the waters

Finally after a lot of broken new year resolutions , I finally took the dip...Had been thinking since I don't know when that I need to learn the strokes in water...so here I was today morning next to the pool. Calm water making me lose my calm! It was chilly -- and I had already warned my coach Nishant to be lenient and patient and he was perfect at that!!
First feeling was dizziness and that of drowning...but then I thought of so many great swimmers who win gold medals and I got the courage :-) Head inside water to float...great..the mind had to be tamed and the body would follow I thought...It was wonderful and fun and simply liberating...:-)
Hopefully I will have mastered the skill by the time my daughter starts learning the sport...and I wont be afraid that she will be treading the unknown waters.
Its like fulfilling your childhood wishes once you have a child of your own...looking forward to more of such experiences :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's wonderful... Leading by example! Myra would not have to look outside because her parents know the tricks already :))